Saturday, May 15, 2010

CELEBRATE

Here is a card I made for my neighbor who just had a brand new baby. I haven't been very creative crafty for a little bit, but decided she deserved a Tansy original. I used me CTMH Wishes card confidence pattern book (LOVE IT!) for the pattern. It's called SUNDIAL. The paper is from the paper packet GRACE I did have to add my own little flair to it though. The paper flower I made using a SU border punch to scallop the edges of a piece of paper cut at 1 1/2"x 12", and then I crumpled it up again and again to loosen up the fibers in the paper to make it easier to form into the flower. I did punch a circle for the base with my 1 3/4" punch. I glued my piece to the base, and formed it into a spiral securing it as I went around. Then I used my CTMH liquid glass to really secure it and to adhere the button to the flower. I like how the flower turned out, but I think I need some more border punches so that I can make more of these beauties. I found the idea here on Vicki's blog. She never disappoints with her artwork. I love everything she comes up with... Stay tuned, cause the mini album on her blog, I made one too, and will be offering it as a workshop in June, stay tuned for more details coming soon, really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment